Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

This is probably my 2nd favorite foundational Scripture


I have written often about different Scriptures that I consider foundational Scriptures.  That is Scriptures that I use to guide my life on a daily basis.  As you know one of my very favorites is Romans 5:3-5. 

Romans 5:3-5(NKJV)
And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 
and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 
Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

I've written often about the Romans passage so I won't go into it here.

Today I ran across another foundational Scripture that I really don't remember writing much about.  Here it is.

3 John 1:2(NKJV)
Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers

As I have pointed out in the past, most if not all of God's promises are conditional up to and including the promise of salvation.  We are all guaranteed salvation IF AND ONLY IF we accept Jesus. 

So let's see what God has to say about prosperity.  According to 3 John 1:2 it is God's wish that we PROSPER IN ALL THINGS….just as our soul prospers.  Notice it doesn't say in all things except financial because money is bad.  It says all things! 

But the catch is, God says He wants us to enjoy the promise of prosperity only to the extent that our soul is prospering. 

So If we aren't prospering the way we would like to prosper, what is the clue here?  Look to how our soul is prospering.  Are we doing everything we can to draw closer to God so that our soul can prosper?  Are we in the Word consistently and often?  Are we in prayer?  Are we listening to the Holy spirit and letting Jesus lead us? 

All of these things lead to the prosperity of the soul.  Take care of this part of our lives and the rest will take care of itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment