Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

The first reference in the Bible of man going up to Heaven


Well here is the first instance I can find in the Bible where there is a reference of a human going up to Heaven.  However in this case I don't think it is really what I was looking for.  This Scripture is written by King David and I think he was speaking metaphorically.  I don't think he really thought he personally would be going up to Heaven.  See what you think.   


Psalms 139:1-8(NKJV)
    O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
    You know my sitting down and my rising up;     You understand my thought afar off.
    You comprehend my path and my lying down,     And are acquainted with all my ways.
    For there is not a word on my tongue,     But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.
    You have hedged me behind and before,     And laid Your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;     It is high, I cannot attain it.
    Where can I go from Your Spirit?      Or where can I flee from Your presence?
    If I ascend into heaven, You are there;     If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.


No comments:

Post a Comment