Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Love this turn of phrase


There are many in the world today who think that man and all of the other animals are equal.  That animals have rights just like men do. 

I would disagree.  I believe the Bible makes clear that man is above the animals.  In fact there is Scripture that tells us that we have dominion over the animals, birds, and fish.  Now that doesn't mean we should be mean, abusive, or wasteful with the birds, animals, and fish.  But I do believe that it does mean those resources are there for our use.

Well I ran across a verse today that I think uses a nice turn of phrase to make this point.

James 1:16-18(NKJV)
Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 
Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.

We are God's first fruits of all His creatures.  I like the sound of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment