Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The Holy Spirit and Fire


Have you ever noticed this?  John the Baptist says that Jesus will baptize with the Holy Spirit…..and fire.

Matthew 3:11(NKJV)
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 

That had never jumped out at me before.  I have always just thought of Jesus baptizing with the Holy Spirit. 

Why do you think that Jesus baptizes with fire in addition to the Holy Spirit.  Well as I've said before, there are some life lessons that can only be learned through tribulation. 

Therefore there are times in life when we have to go through the fire.  How we respond gives Jesus a reading on how strong our faith is at that particular point in time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment