Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2022

"…but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

 

I am reminded this morning of another foundational verse.  It just happened to be in my daily reading.  I so love how God's word through Scripture can speak to me that way.

 

2 Timothy 1:7(NKJV)

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

 

I recently had coffee with my sons and my grandsons.  My son Jed came up with this idea.  The guys have coffee on a Saturday morning once a month.  Its an opportunity to start teaching the boys how to become young men.  At our last coffee I shared my belief that if you expect good things to happen, they usually do!

 

For me this Scripture fits right in with that belief.  It is an approach to life.  Too many people act out of fear instead of faith.  I understand how that can happen because fear is a powerful emotion.  Fear can be paralyzing.  It can make people feel helpless.

 

Memorize this Scripture!  Next time you are feeling a bit paralyzed remind yourself that God gave you a spirit of Power, and of Love, and of a sound mind.  Expect good things to happen. Take joy in the struggle, and step out in power built on your faith that God has you covered!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment