Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2022

How do we make our soul "prosper"?

If I remember correctly I used this verse as the basis for the first sermon I ever gave.  It has been one of my foundational verses since that time. 

 

3 John 1:2(NKJV)

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. 

 

What exactly does it mean for our "soul to prosper"?

The passage doesn't answer that question but I will give you my take on it.

 

Our soul prospers as we develop and deepen our relationship with God in my opinion.  We can be good people who go to church all the time and never cheat anybody and all of that but is our relationship with God actually growing or are we just going through the motions? 

That is the key difference to me.  To make our souls prosper takes the effort of actually seeking God on a continual basis.  It takes the effort spending time in prayer, not just talking to God but more importantly, listening to Him.  It takes effort to learn how to trust God and follow His lead even when it makes us uncomfortable.  These are the things that will lead to our souls actually prospering. 

 

Make sense?

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment