Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Who ya going to listen too?

 

This seems like common sense to me.  When God takes the time to communicate with you directly, why would you listen to anyone else on the same matter if it differed from what God told you?

 

In the passage below you have a man of God (prophet) who confronted the king.  Afterward the king invited the man of God to stay and eat with the King.  See the response below.

 

1 Kings 13:6-10(NKJV)

Then the king answered and said to the man of God, “Please entreat the favor of the Lord your God, and pray for me, that my hand may be restored to me.” So the man of God entreated the Lord, and the king’s hand was restored to him, and became as before. 

Then the king said to the man of God, “Come home with me and refresh yourself, and I will give you a reward.”

But the man of God said to the king, “If you were to give me half your house, I would not go in with you; nor would I eat bread nor drink water in this place. 

For so it was commanded me by the word of the Lord, saying, ‘You shall not eat bread, nor drink water, nor return by the same way you came.’” 

So he went another way and did not return by the way he came to Bethel.

 

Seem simple enough.  So the man of God heads out.  Then another guy approaches the man of God and this guy invited the man of God to his house to eat.  The man of God tells him no, God told him not to eat there.  This new guys claims to be a prophet and he says that an angel told him to tell the man of God it was OK if he went back and ate.

Here is my question.  If God is speaking to you directly, why would you listen to what some other person claims an angel told him that directly contradicts God? 

In the story of Joan of Arc, the one time she listened to people instead of God was the time that led her to be burned at the stake. 

So how did it work out for the man of God?  He got killed by a lion!  :)

Who ya going to listen too?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment