Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

How do you view God?

How do you view God?  What do I mean by that?  In your minds eye, how do you picture God?  What feelings do you feel as you think of Him?  When you think of God what is that first image of Him?

There are many different pictures of God in the Bible.

We have God the avenger

God the mighty

God the merciful

God the authoritarian

God the father.

How does your view of God affect your relationship with Him? 

My view is of God the Father.  Why?  Not sure exactly.  I've shown above a bunch of different  examples of different views of God.  How did I settle on this one?  As I wonder about this I think the only real answer I can give is that it is the view that the Holy Spirit has given me to focus on.  Maybe to me it is the most comforting. 

I'd love to hear what is the predominant view for others and how you came to that view. 

1 comment:

  1. I also see God as my Father. I have always seen God as strong, mighty, powerful etc, but above all, my Father. To me, viewing God as my Father reminds me of his forgiveness, sacrifice, and the neverending comfort he gives to me.

    ReplyDelete