Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

Some Days, More Questions Than Answers


But that is OK.  That is what spending time in God's word is all about.  God has given us His word, the Bible, to use to get to know Him.  It is our responsibility to use it.  We are told that we need to "seek" God.  To me that indicates more that just casual reading.

It means digging a little deeper to figure out the things that you read that don't make sense.  God has promised to reveal Himself to us as we seek Him.  He has given us the Holy Spirit to be our guide.

Today was one of those days where I got more questions that I got answers.  God usually gives me something to write about within the reading of one chapter or so.  If I don't get something in the first chapter I just keep reading because surely I'll find something in the second chapter.

No such luck today.  Reading the second chapter just gave me another unanswered question.  Here is what is cool about that.  It doesn't matter.  I know that God will reveal the answers when I am ready to learn them.  How do I know that?  Because I have seen Him do it time after time after time in the past.  It is so cool.

So if you are a new Christian and you haven't experienced that yet, don't worry about it.  It's OK to ask God questions.  It's OK if a certain part of the Bible doesn't make sense to you right now.  Just keep seeking God and He will reveal the answers to you in due time. 

It's just one more way that you build your faith.  Enjoy the journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment