Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Sounds Christian But…..


Not sure if I have written about this before or not.  This is one of those things that bugs me.  On Facebook we often see memes that sound "Christian" but when you examine them they aren't. 

On of those goes something like this.  "If you are using the Bible to hurt people you are using it wrong."  The person who posts it a lot of times it trying to deflect some criticism of theirs or others behavior.  Their belief being that if you are correcting someone then you are hurting their feelings and that isn't very loving and God is all about love don't you know?

Take a look at this Scripture.

Revelation 3:19-20(NKJV)
19As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. 
20Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 

Here we have Jesus himself saying that all of those He loves he also rebukes and chastens.  Scripture tells us that God's Word is there to guide us and discipline us.  Few people like to be disciplined and it usually hurts their feelings, but to call that unChristian just isn't true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment