Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

"….so you shall perish, because you would not be obedient to the voice of the Lord your God. "


Hmm, I don't see a lot of Kumbaya here either!  Remember, God and Jesus are always in agreement.  This is what God says will happen to those who follow other gods. 

Deuteronomy 8:17-20(NKJV)
then you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gained me this wealth.’  
“And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day. 
Then it shall be, if you by any means forget the Lord your God, and follow other gods, and serve them and worship them, I testify against you this day that you shall surely perish. 
As the nations which the Lord destroys before you, so you shall perish, because you would not be obedient to the voice of the Lord your God.

I'm just not seeing a lot of "live and let live" here.  It always puzzles me how many seem to think that Jesus overrides God.  That Jesus replaces the law when Jesus Himself specifically says He didn't come to replace the law but to fulfill it. 

I just don't see that view supported by Scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment