Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

God is…Exalted


I didn't really learn much from this one.  What does it mean to be exalted?  See the definition below.  There is one verse that I picked out because I thought it had special relevance for today. 

It isn't about God being exalted.  It is about what happens when evil is exalted.  I thought it was a great commentary on society today.

Psalms 12:8(NKJV)
    The wicked prowl on every side,      When vileness is exalted among the sons of men.

2 Samuel 22:47(NKJV)
    “The Lord lives!      Blessed be my Rock!     Let God be exalted,     The Rock of my salvation!

What is the definition of exalted? 

exalted
adjective
  1. raised or elevated, as in rank or character; of high station:
an exalted personage.
  1. noble or elevated; lofty:
an exalted style of writing.
  1. rapturously excited.

From <http://www.dictionary.com/browse/exalted>


Nehemiah 9:4-5(NKJV)
Then Jeshua, Bani, Kadmiel, Shebaniah, Bunni, Sherebiah, Bani, and Chenani stood on the stairs of the Levites and cried out with a loud voice to the Lord their God. 
And the Levites, Jeshua, Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabniah, Sherebiah, Hodijah, Shebaniah, and Pethahiah, said:      “Stand up and bless the Lord your God     Forever and ever!     “Blessed be Your glorious name,     Which is exalted above all blessing and praise!

Job 36:22(NKJV)
    “Behold, God is exalted by His power;      Who teaches like Him?

Psalms 18:46(NKJV)
    The Lord lives!      Blessed be my Rock!     Let the God of my salvation be exalted.

Psalms 46:10(NKJV)
    Be still, and know that I am God;      I will be exalted among the nations,     I will be exalted in the earth!

Psalms 47:9(NKJV)
    The princes of the people have gathered together,     The people of the God of Abraham.     For the shields of the earth belong to God;      He is greatly exalted.

Psalms 148:13(NKJV)
    Let them praise the name of the Lord,      For His name alone is exalted;     His glory is above the earth and heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment