Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Tribulation and Cheer, tied together again!


As you know, one of my foundational verses is Romans 5:3-5.

Romans 5:3-5(NKJV)
And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 
and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 
Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

I have written before about my belief that when we glory in our tribulations, that it is an outward demonstration of our inner faith.

Well I just ran across this verse which essentially says the same thing.  Slightly different wording but the meaning is the same in my opinion.

John 16:33(NKJV)
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

Pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment