Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Innocent or just forgiven?



This is Paul speaking.

Acts 20:25-26(NKJV)
“And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more. 
Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 

Really?  Is Paul innocent of the blood of all men or is he simply forgiven for causing the shedding of blood by many Christians.  To me there is a difference.  It is a fact that Paul persecuted many Christians.  He had many of them stoned to death.  It is hard to see how he is "innocent" in the shedding of their blood. 

On the other hand once he accepted, Paul was forgiven for what he had done.  I don't think innocent and forgiven are one and the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment