Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

For those who think competition is bad or even immoral.


There are a lot of people out there who think competition is bad or even immoral.  As an example some kids sports don't keep score anymore because they don't want to promote competition.  I think that is extremely silly but I wonder what Scripture has to say about it? 

1 Corinthians 9:24-27(NKJV)
Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. 
And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. 
Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. 
But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

Seems pretty clear to me.  Paul says run the race to win.  That's competition isn't it?  So as you can see, Scripture promotes competition; it doesn't denounce it.

No comments:

Post a Comment