Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Say what?


Wow.  That didn't take long.  All through the Old Testament the references to Heaven are that is where God lives.  I couldn't find any indication in the Old Testament that we humans will end up in Heaven someday.  There are a couple of examples of people ascending into Heaven.  Jesus and Elijah if I remember correctly. 

So I was curious how long it would take to find this apparent change of doctrine in the New Testament.  Didn't take long.

Matthew 5:11-12(NKJV)
“Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 
Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Here is the first reference I found and it is in the very first Book of the Gospel.  It says "…for great is your reward in Heaven…".  If our reward is in Heaven then that indicates that we eventually have a way to get to Heaven to claim that reward. 

I'm interested to see how the rest of this plays out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment