Search This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2019

As Christians, are we required to be accepting of everyone?


Often times when a Christian disagrees with someone who isn't a Christian we are accused of not being very accepting.  So that prompted my question.  Are we required to be accepting of everyone and their behavior? 

I believe Scripture gives us the answer and it is definitely no.  What makes me so sure?  Because Scripture tells us that God doesn't accept everyone in to Heaven. 

Therefore it makes sense to me that we as Christians don't need to accept those who have declared themselves enemies of God.  I'm not talking about judging others.  I'm talking about those who by word and action have made it clear that they have rejected Jesus. 

Now should those who rejected Jesus accept Him at a later day then I believe they should be received into fellowship with open arms.  But while they are in open rebellion against God, I don't believe we have to be accepting of that.  And I don't believe we should feel any guilt at all for not accepting evil in others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment