Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2021

Is it a free choice or is it actually a sin? Hmm?

 

Here is the question.  Is it simply free choice not to believe in Jesus or is it actually a sin not to believe in Jesus?

 

When I first pondered this I came down on the side of not a sin.  If you didn't believe in Jesus then by choice you were going to hell but it was still simply a choice.

 

But then I read this.

 

John 16:5-11(NKJV)

“But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ 

But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 

Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 

And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 

of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 

of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 

of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

 

Hmm, if anyone but Jesus had said this I might discount it but when the words come straight from Jesus I've got to accept it.

 

It still didn't "feel right" but I can understand the logic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment