Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Wow! God wields a mean 2 X 4!!!

Lol!!  I love the way God can make a point and make me laugh at the same time!

As many of you know, I have "issues" with the Apostle Paul.  There has just always been something about the guy that bugs me.   I ran across one of his quotes today that has always especially bugged me. 
 

Romans 15:19-20(NKJV)

in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem and round about to Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. 

And so I have made it my aim to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build on another man’s foundation

 

Even though we are not supposed to be prideful, I thought this made Paul sound like he was being prideful.  I've read this verse many times and have had this same thought many times.  No big deal…until today.

 

Today when I had this thought, another thought popped into my head. 

 

Matthew 7:3-4(NKJV)

And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 

Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 

WHACK!!!

 

Wow, where did that 2 X 4 come from?

"Did you ever consider that maybe part of the reason you have "issues" with Paul is because there are similarities between the two of you?  Aren't you a bit prideful at times"  "And dude, I'm being generous when I say "a bit."  :)

WHACK!!!  WHACK!!!

:)

Lively daily with God is such a hoot!

Afterthought:  I hope that doesn't sound disrespectful or blasphemes.  I don't mean it to be.  It is a joyful thing!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment