Search This Blog

Friday, June 3, 2022

2nd Samuel 5 - simple but important lesson

In 2nd Samuel we see David consolidating his Kingdom over not just Judah but all of Israel.  The Philistines decide it is time to take David out.  Now here is the lesson.

Both times, before committing to an action, David inquired of God.  David let God guide him. 

 

But does that always mean you will be successful if God says proceed?  In this case it worked out both time for David.  But it isn't always so.  Why is that?
 

Here is my take on it.  In my life there have been times when I have taken a certain action or strategy that I was sure God was leading me to.  Does that mean God got it wrong?  It could certainly seem that way in the moment. 

But with the benefit of hindsight I can see that in the situations that didn't work out I generally learned lessons or new skills that I needed for down the road.  God is a really awesome long term thinker!

So if you find yourself in that situation where something you were sure God was leading you to didn't work out, don't doubt God.  Do what I try to do.  Follow Gods success plan in Romans 5:3-5 and keep the faith!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment