Search This Blog

Thursday, June 22, 2023

The Prophets - When and Where

I don't know about you but I have always thought of the prophets as coming one at a time.  I don't know why I thought of it that way, I just did.

 

So imagine my surprise when I noticed this in today's reading.  We have two prophets together at the rebuilding of the temple. 

 

Ezra 6:13-15(NKJV)

Then Tattenai, governor of the region beyond the River, Shethar-Boznai, and their companions diligently did according to what King Darius had sent. 

So the elders of the Jews built, and they prospered through the prophesying of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah the son of Iddo. And they built and finished it, according to the commandment of the God of Israel, and according to the command of Cyrus, Darius, and Artaxerxes king of Persia. 

Now the temple was finished on the third day of the month of Adar, which was in the sixth year of the reign of King Darius. 

 

That tidbit will make my next reading of the two prophets interesting as I note the interplay of their prophesies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment