Search This Blog

Thursday, June 1, 2023

The Unforgivable Sin?

This one has always amazed me a bit. Is there such a thing as an unforgivable sin? 

(What always amazes me even more is when God steps in and fills in the blanks as I write the post. That is what happened today. As I was typing, God revealed connection's to me that I didn't even see when I started the post!)

We grow up being taught that no matter what we do, if we confess our sins and ask God to forgive us we are good to go. The thing is, that isn't quite true. I'll let Jesus say it.

This is Jesus speaking in the Chapter of Luke. Luke 12:10(NKJV) “And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven. Jesus himself tells us that there is one unforgivable sin.

Think about this. You have the triumvirate; God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit. According to Jesus, two of them you can blaspheme and be forgiven. One you can not. Why would that be? 

I'm really not sure but I will take a wild swing at it. 

God and Jesus are back in Heaven. They can take it. It's like when a child gets mad at a parent and says I hate you. As the parent you take it for what it is and forgive the kids. Jesus came to live on earth for 30+ years and went back to Heaven and has been there ever since. 

The Holy Spirit on the other hand is the spiritual manifestation of God/Jesus sent to live in us and guide us through our daily lives. In other words The Holy Spirit has been sent to live on earth until Jesus comes back. 

So let me tie this together with another Scripture. Matthew 10:14-15(NKJV) And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet. Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city! 

It seems like to me, this is where God is "shaking the dust from His feet". God seems to be saying "Dude, you blaspheme The Holy Spirit, you kick Him out, He ain't coming back!".

No comments:

Post a Comment