Search This Blog

Friday, March 15, 2013

Rock, Fortress, Deliverer




2 Samuel 22:2-7(NKJV)
2And he said:£      “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
3    The God of my strength, in whom I will trust;     My shield and the horn of my salvation,     My stronghold and my refuge;     My Savior, You save me from violence.
4    I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;     So shall I be saved from my enemies.
5    “When the waves of death surrounded me,      The floods of ungodliness made me afraid.
6    The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me;     The snares of death confronted me.
7    In my distress I called upon the Lord,     And cried out to my God;     He heard my voice from His temple,     And my cry entered His ears.

Love the beginning of this song that Kind David is reciting to God.  Look at how completely David trusts in God.  Look at the words that he uses to describe his relationship with God.

Rock, fortress, deliverer, strength, shield, stronghold, and refuge.  Nothing wishy washy about that is there?  And then note that David has total confidence that God hears him from anywhere that God is at.

Do you have that kind of support and backup in your life?  If you are a believer in God's son, Jesus Christ, you do.  When you go to God in prayer you don't have to go, meekly, hoping that God may hear your petition.  You can go boldly, with total certainty that God will hear.

Are you a believer in God's son?  Have you asked Jesus to come into your life to lead you?  Why not do it right now.  Just ask Jesus to come into your life and take over.  "Dear Jesus…."

No comments:

Post a Comment