Search This Blog

Thursday, April 11, 2013

All They Did Was Ask For A King


Why is it that we always try to out think  God? How often does it turn out well when we do that?  What are the usual results when we do that?  More turmoil in our lives?  Could we have known that would be the case? 

I believe  we could.  I have been reading I Kings.  Today I was in Chapters 15 and 16.  It chronicles the succession of Kings for both Judah and Israel.  The thing that really strikes me is all of the turmoil this succession of Kings caused.  You have treachery, assassinations, double crosses, etc. 

And all because they asked for a King.  God had a perfect plan already in place but the people thought they knew better than God.  The cool thing about God is that He is a great parent.  He is perfectly willing to step out of the way and let us go out and screw up our lives.  It's better to learn from the mistakes of others but sometimes we can only really learn the lessons from our own mistakes.

Reading these verses today gives me the opportunity to pause and examine my life to see if there are any areas where I am trying to out think God.  It just serves as a good reminder to refocus and do things God's way!

No comments:

Post a Comment