Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2013

It's A Daily Struggle!


And so easy to slip and fall.  Don't worry, I'm not talking anything earth shaking here.  Just my daily walk with God.  No matter how long I have been doing daily Bible reading, it is still so easy to fall out of the habit.

Here I am, 9:00 PM on a Friday night and I am just now getting to my time with God.  Two other days this week I didn't get to it at all.  What changed?  God has blessed us incredibly the past couple of months.  Along with those blessings came more work.  Before I realized it I had scheduled away my time with God.  I rationalized it by telling myself that I would get to it later, I had to prepare for my appointments first.

Now I am grateful that I realized it early so now I can correct it.  Isn't it amazing though how quickly and easily we sometimes forget how important our daily walk is?  If it happens to you don't beat yourself up about it, I don't.  If it can happen to King Solomon, it can happen to us.  Check this out.

1 Kings 11:3-8(NKJV)
3And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines; and his wives turned away his heart. 
4For it was so, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned his heart after other gods; and his heart was not loyal to the Lord his God, as was the heart of his father David. 
5For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites. 
6Solomon did evil in the sight of the Lord, and did not fully follow the Lord, as did his father David. 
7Then Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the abomination of Moab, on the hill that is east of Jerusalem, and for Molech the abomination of the people of Ammon. 
8And he did likewise for all his foreign wives, who burned incense and sacrificed to their gods.

After all that God had done for Solomon, you would think that  he would be impervious to being led astray but apparently not.  Now let me make it perfectly clear that unlike Solomon, I wasn't worshipping other gods or anything.  I just forgot to crack open my Bible and spend my time with God a couple of days in a row. 

I figured I'd share this today because I doubt that I am the only one that struggles with this.  As I said above, I don't beat myself up over it, I just vow to do better and move one.  A daily walk with God is a great adventure and this is just part of it.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment