Search This Blog

Monday, December 2, 2013

When Were the Disciples First Called Christians?


Found an interesting bit of trivia.  When were the disciples first called Christians?

Acts 11:25-26(NKJV)
25Then Barnabas departed for Tarsus to seek Saul. 
26And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

Chapter 10 and 11 of Acts is interesting from the standpoint that it is where God shows Peter that salvation is for everyone.  I am glad to see this because I have always found the separation of the Jews in the Old Testament troubling.  Jews were only supposed to marry Jews, etc.

I'm glad to see that change in the New Testament but it is one of the most troubling things in the Bible to me and I look forward one day to asking God what was the deal with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment