Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Come on God, how come I have to do it?


You ever feel like that?  God, how come the other guy always has it easier than me? 

Don’t you just love and hate Jesus answer at the same time?

John 21:20-22(NKJV)
20Then Peter, turning around, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following, who also had leaned on His breast at the supper, and said, “Lord, who is the one who betrays You?” 
21Peter, seeing him, said to Jesus, “But Lord, what about this man?”
22Jesus said to him, “If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me.”

Hate it from the standpoint of it sounds an awful lot like "because I said so" which I always hated hearing my parents say to me.

Love it because Jesus is a strong leader.  He's not about to debate the issue.  He's not worried about hurting someone's feelings or affecting their self image.

Jesus is a strong leader.  He simply says "Who is following who here?  You are following me.  Dude, learn your place! "

I'm OK with that.  I think that sometimes one of the hardest things to do is to be obedient to Christ.  Part of that obedience I think is being willing to say "OK, I'll do whatever you ask.".   

God knows what He is doing.  He has given each and every one of us specifically chosen talents and abilities.  I think He is in the best position to determine how to best use those abilities. 

So next time you feel a bit of a pity party coming on just remember that God chose you specifically for that assignment.  Resistance is futile.  God knows what He is doing.  Relax and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment