Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Similarities Between Old and New


One of the things that I find interesting is the similarities we find in wording between the Old Testament and the New Testament.  Here is an example. 

Isaiah 19:1-2(NKJV)
1The burden against Egypt.      Behold, the Lord rides on a swift cloud,     And will come into Egypt;     The idols of Egypt will totter at His presence,     And the heart of Egypt will melt in its midst.
2    “I will set Egyptians against Egyptians;      Everyone will fight against his brother,     And everyone against his neighbor,     City against city, kingdom against kingdom.

Now compare that to this NT passage.

Matthew 10:34-36(NKJV)
34“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 
35For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 
36and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’ £ 

I just think that this has to be more than just a coincidence.  For me personally this helps support the principle that God and Jesus are always in agreement.  Am I reading too much into it?  I don't know but that is what makes being in the Word daily so cool. 

Always learning, always questioning, always drawing closer to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment