Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Glorified-What does it Mean?


In my continuing study of the words associated with "God is"  I am studying Glorifed.  It occurred to me that I didn't know exactly what it means.  I had a vague idea but wasn't sure if it was correct so I went and looked it up.  I found it helpful.  I thought others might as well.

As a side note all of the dictionary's defaulted to glorify so I went with that. 

glorify
verb (used with object), glorified, glorifying.
  1. to cause to be or treat as being more splendid, excellent, etc., than would normally be considered.
  2. to honor with praise, admiration, or worship; extol.
  3. to make glorious; invest with glory.
  4. to praise the glory of (God), especially as an act of worship.

From <http://www.dictionary.com/browse/glorified>

I hope that helps add clarification as you read Scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment