Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Pre-Tribulation or Post Tribulation-Where do you stand?


I have always been a pre-trib guy meaning I believe the rapture will occur before the 7 years of tribulations. 

I had not noticed this before but apparently this is one more thing that Paul and I disagree on.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-18(NKJV)
For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 
Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 
Therefore comfort one another with these words.

OK just for clarification I believe that the rapture, those alive taken up to Heaven, happens before the tribulation and before Jesus returns to earth.  Paul seems to be saying hear that Jesus comes back to earth first, then the dead go to Heaven, and the after that the living are raptured to Heaven.

Hmm, so where did I get my view from?  I'll have to keep an eye out for Scriptures to back up my view.  Again, that is what I love about the study of Scripture.  Always something new to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment