Search This Blog

Friday, September 1, 2017

God is…Helper


This was pretty much as I expected.  I see two themes here.  One is that God helps us.  Not in some ethereal way but in a real concrete way.  He helps us by guiding our lives.  By bringing people into our lives in a real way.  By making circumstances turn out the way He needs them to turn out when He needs them to turn out that way in order to steer our lives.  Those sorts of things.

The other way God is helper is He sent us the Holy Spirit.  Jesus said it this way "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper".  So Jesus describes the Holy Spirit as "another" helper from God.  Pretty cool!

Psalms 10:14(NKJV)
    But You have seen, for You observe trouble and grief,      To repay it by Your hand.     The helpless commits himself to You;     You are the helper of the fatherless.

Psalms 54:4(NKJV)
    Behold, God is my helper;      The Lord is with those who uphold my life.

John 14:16(NKJV)
And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—

Hebrews 13:6(NKJV)
So we may boldly say:      “The Lord is my helper;     I will not fear.     What can man do to me?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment