Search This Blog

Thursday, September 21, 2017

"God shows no partiality"


I think this concept sometimes gets taken out of context.  A lot of people seem to think this means that God doesn't show a preference at all.  I think a lot of people miss the second part of the verse. 

Acts 10:34-35(NKJV)
Then Peter opened his mouth and said: “In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. 
But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. 

I think the proper interpretation is that God shows no partiality among those who believe in Him.  In other words Greek and Jew are saved equally in God's sight.  Scripture tells us repeatedly however that God favors those who believe over those who don't. 

Want proof?  Those who believe are saved and get eternal life.  Those who aren't saved get eternal damnation instead.  I'd say there is some partiality there.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment