Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2018

Wow, how does that happen?


I just realized that I missed posting all last week.  How does that happen?  Well in my case I have been working two jobs lately and things just got away from me.  Its amazing how quickly and easily that happens.

Oh well, let's reset and get back to it.

I have written before about the "Saintly poor".  Many people, including Christians seem to elevate "the poor" above all others.  They will excuse any and all actions and beliefs of the poor.  They will accord the poor with all of the privileges of those who believe in Jesus, without requiring them to believe in Jesus, because they are "the poor".

Why do you think that is?  Because Jesus said "blessed are the poor".  What people seem to totally ignore is qualifier that Jesus put on that statement.  Jesus specifically said "the poor in spirit".  Jesus wasn't talking about them being financially poor at all!

Matthew 5:3(NKJV)
    “Blessed are the poor in spirit,      For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment