Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Can you love God without loving Jesus?


Mark 12:29-31(NKJV)
Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’  This is the first commandment. 
And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’  There is no other commandment greater than these.”

So the number 1 commandment according to Jesus is to love God with all that we have.  Love God with all our heart, all our soul, all our mind, and all of our strength. 

So here is my question.  Can you love God without loving Jesus?  I believe the answer is no.  God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are the three parts of the trinity.  God tells us this through His Word.  I don't believe a person can just love one of the three in the Trinity.  My reasoning is that if you claim to love God but you reject Jesus and the Holy Spirit then you are essentially calling God a liar.  In my mind that isn't loving God with everything you have. 

1 comment:

  1. When I was a little girl (Jewish girl), I loved God with all my heart, but I didn't meet Jesus until I was 30.

    ReplyDelete