Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

When is the last time you asked a total stranger "Can I pray for you?"?


I did that recently.  Pretty cool.  Give it a try. You'll help lighten someone's load and it'll put a smile on your face as well. 

I was doing some Lyft driving and the passenger was going through a trying time.  When we got to her destination I simply asked if I could pray for her.  She said she would like that.  We prayed and then I went on my way.  When she got out of the car she seemed to have a little bit better take on the world. 

The cool thing is I had a total stranger ask if she could pray for me at the end of a ride recently.  We had a really great talk as we drove.  When we got to her destination I wished her luck on her recent job advancement.  She thanked me and then out of the blue asked "Do you mind if I pray for you?".  I said sure!  She prayed, calling for God's blessings and favor on me; and then we went our separate ways.  It sure put a spring in my step! 

So if you ever find yourself in a situation where it is appropriate, take a chance and offer to pray for someone.  It will bless you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment