Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Sometimes you have to ask, what the heck does that even mean??? :)


I don't know about you but there are things that I read in the Bible that just leave me wondering, what the heck God is even talking about here?  And as I have mentioned before, I think God throws a few of these things in here just to see if we are really paying attention to what we are reading?  :)

Here is an example.

Luke 7:33-35(NKJV)
For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon.’ 
The Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ 
But wisdom is justified by all her children.”

What?  Wisdom is justified by all her children?

Jesus has just detailed the hypocrisy of His critics.  They criticized John for one thing and then criticized Jesus for doing the exact opposite.  Kind of a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.  

But then Jesus throws in the kicker at the end about "wisdom is justified by all her children".  Now in the context of what Jesus was just talking about, that comment makes no sense to me what so ever. 

Oh well.  Maybe the Holy Spirit will give me some revelation knowledge regarding that verse someday.  I like the way God works the revelations from the Holy Spirit.  Basically God puts us all on a need to know basis.  As we need to know things, He has the Holy Spirit reveal them to us.

Pretty cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment