Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Why didn't Jesus just tell Satan no!?



Luke 22:31-32(NKJV)
And the Lord said, “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. 
But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.”

Think about the verse above.  Why didn't Jesus just tell Satan no when Satan asked for Simon?  Wouldn't that have been a lot easier?  If I were Simon I would be grateful for the prayers Jesus offered on my behalf but I would have been even more grateful if Jesus had just told Satan no and put an end to it.

So why do you think Jesus didn't just say no? 

I think it goes back to what I have said before.  There are some life lessons that can only be learned through adversity.  It seems to me that Jesus is telling Simon that he needs to learn to battle Satan on his own through the power of Jesus.  That is different than letting Jesus fight our battles for us. 

Does that make sense? 

No comments:

Post a Comment