Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2019

Did Peter revoke Simon's salvation?


 
Acts 8:18-23(NKJV)
And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money, 
saying, “Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”
But Peter said to him, “Your money perish with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money! 
You have neither part nor portion in this matter, for your heart is not right in the sight of God. 
Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you. 
For I see that you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by iniquity.”

What exactly does "you have neither part nor portion" mean"? 

Does it mean that Simon still has salvation but is excluded from ministry?  Or does it mean that Simon lost it all until he repents?
 
My take is that he still has his salvation but is excluded from ministry.  The reason I think that is the case is that I don't believe that we lose our salvation every time we commit a sin.  Otherwise we would be continually going through a cycle of saved, not save, saved, not saved.

I think that the sins we commit after we are saved we will face punishment for unless we ask God to forgive those sins. 

Make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment