Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Words of Jesus: “I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours."


Here are the words of Jesus from John 17:9.

John 17:9(NKJV)
“I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. 

I remember the first time I read this.  I was a bit taken back.  It didn't fit what I had been taught by the Kumbaya Jesus Christians.  Jesus in His own words telling us that He doesn't pray for everyone (the world) but only those who are heirs with Him. 

Or to put it another way, the prayers of Jesus are another one of the benefits of being a Christian.  Jesus doesn't pray for everyone, only those who have accepted Him.

Do you want Jesus praying for you?  Have you asked Jesus to guide your life?  That's all it takes.  Just have a conversation with Jesus.  "Dear Jesus…."

No comments:

Post a Comment