Search This Blog

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Do your eyes glaze over? :)



Here is one of the things I think to myself, "Why is this even in the Bible"?  What could I possibly learn from this?  When I hit chapters like this that simply list genealogies; I have to admit that my eyes do tend to glaze over.  :)

Genesis 10:1-7(NKJV)
Now this is the genealogy of the sons of Noah: Shem, Ham, and Japheth. And sons were born to them after the flood.
The sons of Japheth were Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras. 
The sons of Gomer were Ashkenaz, Riphath, and Togarmah. 
The sons of Javan were Elishah, Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim. 
From these the coastland peoples of the Gentiles were separated into their lands, everyone according to his language, according to their families, into their nations.
The sons of Ham were Cush, Mizraim, Put, and Canaan. 
The sons of Cush were Seba, Havilah, Sabtah, Raamah, and Sabtechah; and the sons of Raamah were Sheba and Dedan.

No comments:

Post a Comment