Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

It takes faith and courage to follow God.


It takes courage to follow God.  I don't mean it takes courage to go to church each week and to read the Bible. 

What I am talking about is really following God.  Here is a great example from Genesis.

Genesis 12:1-3(NKJV)
Now the Lord had said to Abram:      “Get out of your country,     From your family     And from your father’s house,     To a land that I will show you.
    I will make you a great nation;     I will bless you     And make your name great;     And you shall be a blessing.
    I will bless those who bless you,     And I will curse him who curses you;      And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

Think about that.  Could you do that?  If God told you to take everything that you have and move away from everyone you know, could you do that?  Especially if God doesn't even tell you where you are going at first?

That takes a lot of two things.  Faith and courage!  Faith to fully believe that it truly is God talking to you and courage to go do what God is telling you to do. 

Don't worry if you don't think you have the faith and courage to start.  It can be developed.  Faith and courage are like muscles.  The more you use them the stronger they get.  So if you have to, start small. 

Have a little faith and a little courage.  If you do that, I guarantee that both your faith and your courage will grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment