Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Proofs of God in our own lives!

In today's readings I was struck by these passages.

 

John 10:22-30(NKJV)

Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter. 

And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon’s porch. 

Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, “How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”

Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 

But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 

And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 

My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 

I and My Father are one.”

 

People often look to Scripture for proof of their beliefs.  While I think Scripture is important, what Jesus seems to be saying here is that there are other ways that are just as valid as Scripture to furnish "proof". 

 

Jesus specifically references His "works" which most of the rest of us would call miracles.  Jesus says to look at His works as proof of who He is.  Makes sense to me!

By looking at the miracles in our own lives as proof it takes our proofs from the historical knowledge (Scripture) to eye witness knowledge (personal experience) which I think is much more powerful.   

So if you ever have doubts or are seeking additional proofs, don't forget to look at and ponder the miracles you have personally experienced in your own lives. 

And then thank God again for those miracles and for the new miracles He has planned for your future!

Can I get an AMEN?    :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment