Search This Blog

Sunday, May 23, 2021

What a glorious start to the day. Thank you Lord!!!

 

Wow!  What a glorious start to the day! 


Most of you don't know but I have become a serious morning person.  I get up most days around 3:00 AM.  I love the solitude of the early morning.  I love to enjoy my coffee as I read the news and then I hit the floor to stretch and exercise.  I have arthritis in my left hip and the physical therapists developed this routine that has done wonders for me.

 

Anyway I went outside this morning about 5:00 AM.  It was still dark out with the horizon just starting to show a small strip of blue as dawn started to break.  It was about 65 degrees out and still as could be. 

I grabbed a couple of beach towels and spread them out in the yard towards the top of the hillside facing east.  I then hit the ground and did my whole stretching and workout routine as I watched dawn break.  It was so cool! 

I could see most of the stars in the sky to begin with, but as the sky brightened the stars began to fade.  (yes Jed, I know the stars themselves didn't get any dimmer :).  I could hear the birds slowly waking up and starting to chirp at each other.   I just had on sweat pants and no shirt.  I could feel the slight breeze ripple across my body and I could see the leaves ripple in that breeze.

 

It was so cool to lay there doing my workout as I just glorified God and thanked Him for giving me this awesome blessing!

As I have said so may times.  God is sooo coool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment