Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Thou Shall Not Covet



Deuteronomy 5:21(NKJV)
21    ‘You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife; and you shall not desire your neighbor’s house, his field, his male servant, his female servant, his ox, his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s.’

I try not to get political in my writing here but this verse in particular struck me.  With all of the attacks on the rich and wealthy in this political season I sense a lot of covetness.  Not a good thing according to scripture!

Next time you hear someone say something like "the rich need to pay their fair share" stop and think what is behind that statement.  The rich have more than we do so "for the good of society" we need to take more of their stuff and give it to those who "need" it.  Notice how it is always wrapped in moral righteousness.  But to me it is nothing more than covetness!

No comments:

Post a Comment