Search This Blog

Monday, September 10, 2012

We Must Give Account



Deuteronomy 4:24(NKJV)
24For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.


Hebrews 4:13(NKJV)
13And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

Here are a couple of verses that go to a point I have made in the past.  The point is that God doesn't take a la dee dah, live and let live approach when people reject Jesus. 

Hebrews 4:13 tells us that all will have to give an account to God.  Not just those who accepted Jesus but all.  Imagine how uncomfortable that event is going to be.  Can you imagine standing before God and having to explain to Him that you didn't believe the Word (the Bible) that He gave us, you thought He was a liar.  Wow, I sure wouldn't want to be in that position.

Thankfully I don't ever have to be.  I have accepted Jesus as my Savior, have you?  When you accept Jesus you are telling God that you believe His Word and that you have faith in Him.  Doesn't mean life will be perfect.  Doesn't mean you won't sin or fail occasionally, but it does mean that you are right with God.

So how do you accept Jesus?  Pretty simple.  Just pray something like this:   Dear Jesus,  I don't totally get this whole thing but I am willing to take a leap of faith.  I can feel that tiny voice deep inside me telling me that I should follow you so I am going to do so.  Please take over my life and guide me.  Amen".  It's that simple and it sure beats having to explain to God that you thought He was a liar!

No comments:

Post a Comment