Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2012

As Raindrops On the Tender Herb


Deuteronomy 32:1-3(NKJV)
1    “Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak;      And hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
2    Let my teaching drop as the rain,     My speech distill as the dew,     As raindrops on the tender herb,     And as showers on the grass.
3    For I proclaim the name of the Lord:     Ascribe greatness to our God.

I really like the word picture that these verses create. 

Let me ask a question.  Is your daily time with God a burden or is it a pleasure?  If it is a burden I would encourage you to change your thinking.  Pray for help in that area because God intends it to be a great experience.

"Let my teaching drop as the rain".  I don't know about you but I love the gentle rains of springtime.  There is nothing better than sitting on the porch in the springtime, reading a good book and listing to a gentle rain fall.  Such a soothing, wonderful experience.

Well God is telling us that our time with Him should be just as soothing and comforting as that rain on a spring day.  Please remember that as you go to God today and all your days in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment