Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

God's Favor Can Strike Like Lightening!


God is so cool!  How many times have you seen me write that? 

I started writing this blog a little over a year ago.  Here is my first post entitled Why Am I Blogging For Christ?.  In that blog I explained why I was starting the blog.  In a nutshell it was because God told me to.  To what purpose?  Wasn't sure.  All I know was that God told me to do it, to be obedient.

Well I'd like to share a bit of what has happened in the last year.  As I started blogging, God gave me a vision of what my life was going to develop into.  What a great vision.  I was excited.  I blogged.  I took steps to develop that vision.

But over time, the vision just wasn't developing and falling into place like things always had in the past.  It was frustrating at times but fortunately God has blessed me with a deep faith.  I have never been the kind that questions God about why isn't it happening?  What am I doing wrong?  Am I on the wrong track?  God have you abandoned me?  None of that.  It's just not in my nature.  (Not bragging, just telling the story)

Now that doesn't mean that I was happy that things weren't progressing as fast as I'd like.  I was troubled by the same human doubts that most people have.  The only difference again was that I never questioned God.

Although as you've seen from my writings I can get into some deep stuff, I keep my own faith pretty simple.  I trust God to be who He says He is and to do what He says He will do.  I trust that He will guide my life.  I trust the He will work it all out in His time frame, and yes that is the hardest one to deal with because I almost always want it to happen way faster than God has planned.

Well here is the lesson I'd like to share today.  Just be patient.  Just trust God's timing. And get ready to hang on!  Why?

Because if you are being obedient to God, cheerfully doing what He called you to do, even when you don't see things happening as fast as you'd like, just remember:  God is watching your progress.  And here is the cool thing.  When God decides that you have learned the lessons that He has wanted you to learn, His favor will strike like lightening! 

Once God decides that it is time, it's time baby and God doesn't fool around.  Bam, Bam, Bam!  He lines up the things that need to be lined up.  He puts in place the things that have to be put in place.  God makes the impossible happen like only God can!

So how do we find favor with God?  Well first and foremost we have to accept God's son Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior.   Have you done that yet?  Why not?  It's simple.  Just pray something like this, "Dear Jesus,  I don't get all of the details yet but I can feel a yearning deep inside that is telling me you are the way.  Please take over and be the Lord of my life.  Help me learn more about you and God and help me to live in God's favor.  Thank you so much. Amen"

Is that when the lightening strikes?  Probably not.  Once we accept Christ we need to get into God's Word and draw closer to Him.  But over time as we do  that you will start to see what happens. 

Bam!  Good things start to happen.  You apply for a job and you don't get the one that you applied for but they like you so much that they instead give you a job that pays $2.00 an hour more than the job you applied for. 

Bam!  You unexpectedly get transferred to a different work location where you are suddenly appreciated and the worst job in the world has miraculously turned into the best job in the world.

Bam!  What would you like to see happen in your life?  Whatever it is, trust God; and you will eventually see His favor strike like lightening in your life as well!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Dad! It's great to see your faithfulness to God and your perseverence. It's awesome to see how God works in each of our lives and how He chooses to bless us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Sweetie. Perseverance is a quality or trait that God seems to value based on how often He mentions it in the Bible. It's just the bullheaded willfulness to just put your head down and do what God told you to do regardless of the results that you are currently seeing. It's that whole "things hoped for thing"!

    ReplyDelete