Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Psalm of Thanksgiving


A Psalm of Thanksgiving.

Psalms 100:1-5(NKJV)
1    Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands!
2    Serve the Lord with gladness;     Come before His presence with singing.
3    Know that the Lord, He is God;     It is He who has made us, and £not we ourselves;     We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
4    Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,      And into His courts with praise.     Be thankful to Himand bless His name.
5    For the Lord is good;     His mercy is everlasting,      And His truth endures to all generations.

How important is being thankful as part of our relationship with God?  As you can see in the Scripture above He wants us to come to Him with a thankful heart.  Let's take a look at a couple of other Scriptures.

Romans 1:21-22(NKJV)
21because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 
22Professing to be wise, they became fools, 

In this Scripture it is talking of those who know of God but who don't really know God.  One of the missing attributes from the relationship is thankfulness.

Colossians 3:15(NKJV)
15And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 

And here again in Colossians we are reminded to be thankful.  But thankful for what?  That's for you to decide.  I would start with being thankful that God sent His son Jesus to cover all of our sins.  From there take a look at your life and figure out what it is that you are thankful to God for, and then let Him know!

2 comments:

  1. What a good reminder! I'm thankful for God's unfailing mercy and they joys that God has blessed me with. I'm thankful for my wonderful and loving husband, for my parents who raise me so well and have always been so supportive and encouraging and always make sure I know how proud they are of me and how much they love me. I'm thankful for my brothers and sister in laws and for Rico! I'm thankful for Mike's family and the growing relationship I have with them. I'm thankful for Casey and how much fun she is. I'm thankful for all my friends. I'm thankful for my job. I'm thankful for BSF and the people I have met there. I'm thankful for our house and how well God has provided for our needs daily.... The list goes on but I thought I would share since I won't be there to share tomorrow at dinner. Love you and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this Sweetie! You're an awesome young lady!

    ReplyDelete