Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

He Who Overcomes Shall Inherit All Things



Revelation 21:6-7(NKJV)
6And He said to me, “It£ is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 
7He who overcomes £shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 

I wrote about being an overcomer earlier this month in this post "Are You An Overcomer?".  This is just a great passage to use as a reminder.

God wants us to be overcomers.  It's one of the characteristics that God seems to place a high value on.  Why do you think it is so important to God that we be overcomers?

Not that I presume to know what God is thinking but let me just tell you my theory. 

Being an overcomer is an attitude and a lifestyle.  It's the whole glass half full or glass half empty thing.  How do you view your life and the world around you?  Do you naturally assume God is in control and things will work out or do you automatically look to the negative, hopeless side of things?

In a nutshell I think that the reason that God is so big on overcomers is that it is an outward sign of someone who lives a life of faith and hope and isn't that what we are called to do when we accept Jesus?  Overcomers live a life of faith and hope and so Jesus is a natural fit for many of them. 

Are you an overcomer?  If so get ready for some great blessings from God.  If not then it is time to become one and the best place to start is by accepting Jesus.  Have you done that yet?  If not why not have a conversation with Jesus right now.  "Dear Jesus…..".



No comments:

Post a Comment