Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012

Are You An Overcomer?


Revelation 3:5(NKJV)
5He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Revelation 3:21-22(NKJV)
21To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
22“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”

Notice the wording here.  Jesus is very big on people being overcomers.  Just so we are all on the same page, let's take a look at what it means to overcome.
o·ver·come
  1. to get the better of in a struggle or conflict; conquer; defeat: to overcome the enemy.
  2. to prevail over (opposition, a debility, temptations, etc.); surmount: to overcome one's weaknesses.
  3. to overpower or overwhelm in body or mind, as does liquor, a drug, exertion, or emotion: I was overcome with grief.
  1. Archaic . to overspread or overrun.


One of the things that is left unsaid here is that in order to overcome, there is usually a struggle involved.  We all have to go through them.  As I've written about before, the struggle is where most of our personal growth comes from. 

Now why is Jesus so attached to overcomers?  Because He is one also.  Take a look. 

Revelation 3:21(NKJV)
21To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

This is just another example of how Jesus sets the example for us.  Now what is the single most important thing to overcome?  Satan trying to keep us from accepting Jesus.  Have you accepted Jesus yet or are you still listening to that voice that is casting doubt and stopping you from living the life that God has in store for you? 

Why not begin your new life as an overcomer right now by overcoming Satan's deceptions?  Simply say "Dear Jesus, please come into my life.  Help me to be an overcomer like you.  Thank you for the great life that you will lead me to.  Amen!".

And there you have it.  The beginning of a new life as an overcomer.  Going forward make it a habit to attack life with this new attitude.  I am an overcomer through Jesus.

Revelation 3:22(NKJV)
22“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”

2 comments:

  1. Another thing I love about God is that not only does He want us to overcome struggles, but He also HELPS us and gives us the tools to overcome our struggles! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete